King’s Forest Park Site

Discovered during the cultural heritage resource assessment for the Red Hill Creek Expressway project in Hamilton, the King’s Forest Park site was occupied during the later portion of the Early Iroquoian period, with evidence of extensive exterior activity and refuse disposal areas.

Robb Site

The archaeological data from the Robb site suggests it is an early to mid-fourteenth century A.D. ancestral Wendat village. A total of 62,605 artifacts were recovered during excavations, including ceramics, flake and ground stone artifacts, and floral and faunal remains.

Kilmanagh Crossroads Site

Located in the town of Caledon, the Kilmanagh Crossroads site represented a blacksmith shop and domestic residence occupied between the 1860s and the 1890s. A total of 58,681 historical artifacts and seven pre-contact Indigenous artifacts were recovered.

Don Valley Brick Works

As part of the Evergreen Brick Works revitalization project, ASI was retained to carry out Stage 4 archaeological excavations, as well as the monitoring and documentation of construction excavations for the Don Valley Brick Works complex – a natural and cultural heritage facility.

Dykstra Site

Located on Bear Creek in Barrie, the Dykstra site is mid-fourteenth-early fifteenth century A.D. Iroquoian special purpose site excavated in advance of subdivision development.

Serena Site

Located in the upper reaches of the Red Hill Creek drainage in Ancaster, the Serena site is mid-fourteenth century A.D. Iroquoian village site excavated in advance of subdivision development.

Edgar Site

The Edgar site is a mid-nineteenth century Euro-Canadian domestic occupation that was excavated in Vaughan, Ontario. The artifacts recovered and the features excavated at the Edgar site point toward a domestic/farm type of occupation, with a likely date range of 1830s to 1870.

Fort York National Historic Site

This Stage 2 archaeological resource assessment at Fort York National Historic Site was prompted by planning for the construction of a new Visitor Centre. A ground-penetrating radar survey proceeded to excavation through five areas of operation in an area that the City of Toronto has identified for the facility.

Fort York Visitors’ Centre

ASI was retained to conduct a Stage 4 salvage excavation on the component of the site to be impacted by the building’s construction. The excavation included fourteen artifacts that directly linked this area to the Battle of York on April 27, 1813.

Graham Site

The Graham site was a small Early Woodland period (Meadowood Complex) ritual site, ca. 2,000-1,200 BP, excavated in Caledon in advance of construction of a stormwater management pond. The site yielded a large number of native copper artifacts, lithics, and a unique animal cremation burial with copper bead and biface offerings.