Collections Management is a fundamental part of all processes at ASI and is strongly centred in the laboratory, where we shepherd collections from the field, through processing, analysis and report writing. We maintain a detailed inventory of all of our artifacts, which facilitates research access, interpretation and public outreach. We use our collections to implement or assist in the creation of displays and educational assemblages.
- Washing and sorting of all artifacts
- Tracking artifacts through the analysis and report process
- Analysis of stage 2 historic sites
- Design and implementation of displays for clients, stakeholder groups and the public
- Assist outside researchers in gaining access to our collections
- Artifact disposition; we try to find homes for our collections at relevant museums or their source municipalities